I’ll never forget the first time I got up close to some of the high alpine lakes and shear granite faces you can find in the Wind River range. Splendor might be the best word to describe what I saw. That wasn’t that long ago , and this past week I found myself all but ignoring an incredible sunrise over those same mountains as my mind focused on the tasks I needed to accomplish at work.
And as I thought about how easy it can become to let our busy lives block out the natural wonders that surrounds Pinedale, I realized that it’s just as easy to become dulled to the people in our lives, both personal and professional, who are a part of the multitude of blessings I experience each day. So as we approach Thanksgiving, I think it’s time to practice some thanksgiving, and recognize the people who make a difference in my life and many others every day:
- To my family: Thank you for your never-ending love and support.
- To my church: Thank you for providing me with a place to renew my spirit.
- To our veterans and armed forces: Thank you for your service and sacrifice to protect our freedom and keep our nation safe.
- To the SCSD #1 Faculty and Staff: Thank you for the work you do on behalf of our students. You are the most dedicated and hard-working group of education professionals with whom I’ve had the privilege to work.
- To the SCSD #1 Board of Trustees: Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve SCSD #1.
- To Jim Malkowski and Mike McFarland: Thank you for your service on our Board of Trustees.
- To the PAC, its staff, and SCSD #1: Thank you for providing me with a place to renew my body. Where else can you find a facility of this magnitude in a community our size.
- To the Sublette BOCES, its staff, and SCSD #1: Thank you everything you do. I continue to be amazed at the enrichment opportunities you provide for our community and our students. They are second to none.
- To the State of Wyoming: Thank you for your commitment to funding education. You are a national leader in this respect.
- To our first responders: Thank you to our law enforcement, fire fighters, EMS, search and rescue teams, and emergency management teams for putting your life on the line every day for our safety and well-being.
- To Sublette County and the Town of Pinedale: Thank you for the services and recreation opportunities you provide. Your efforts make this a wonderful place to live, work, and raise a family.
- To everyone I’ve missed: I know there are a lot more people who deserve recognition than those I’ve listed here. There are just too many to list. Thank you.
I truly appreciate the work of local photographers Dave Bell , Fred Pflughoft and others. They have a unique ability find and capture the spectacular events occurring in Sublette County that I seem to overlook and under-appreciate all too often. Their pictures often remind me to I need to be mindful of, and thankful for, what I have right here in Pinedale. I haven’t always had these things. And I may not always have them. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.